MINYIP-MURTOA footballer Matt Coleman’s mother says he is unlikely to return to football.
Coleman, 18, hit his head on the ground after an incident late in the first half in the Burras’ 45-point elimination final loss to Horsham Saints at Horsham City Oval on September 1.
The incident resulted in the emerging ruckman having a seizure and being rushed to hospital.
Coleman's mum Wally Coleman said her son was out of hospital following the severe concussion, but a return to football was highly unlikely at this stage.
She said Coleman was unable to drive for six months and was on anticonvulsant medication.
Minyip-Murtoa Football Club president Andy Delahunty has called for all Wimmera Football League games to be filmed after the Coleman investigation was thrown out last week because of a lack of evidence.
Delahunty said he was presented with the report at a meeting with Western Vic Football general manager Stephen McQueen, Wimmera Football League chief John Smith and the league’s investigating officer on Monday night.
McQueen said the investigating officer found there was insufficient evidence to sustain a charge of unbecoming conduct.
He said the league was looking into the possibility of every match being filmed next season.
Horsham Saints president Roger Sordello felt there was nothing out of sorts during the incident.
“It was a football incident – nothing more than that,” he said. “Matt Coleman’s welfare was our major concern. Hopefully he gets better.”
Delahunty thanked the public for their overwhelming support since the incident.
“It wasn’t just from Burras people but the whole Wimmera football community,” he said.
“We’ll just concentrate on our efforts to support the Coleman family as they go forward.”
A second incident involved Burra Angus Trethowan in the same match was also found to have insufficient evidence to go to the tribunal.