Jung house fire: Police find drugs, equipment

POLICE believe hydroponic electrical equipment might have caused a Jung house fire on Monday.

Fire-fighters were called to Baker Street about 12.30am on Monday.

It took more than four hours to extinguish the blaze.

Horsham Crime Investigation Unit Detective Senior Constable Brad McKenzie said police subsequently found about 10 cannabis plants and hydroponics equipment in the house.

"Police believe the fire started as a result of the hydroponic electrical equipment malfunctioning," he said.

A Pakenham man, 49, was charged with cultivating narcotic plans and trafficking a drug of dependence.

He was bailed and will front the Horsham Magistrate's Court in March.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop