AN ELECTRICAL fault sparked a fire in the roof of a Horsham home on Saturday night.
The fire caused extensive damage to the Palm Avenue house.
All occupants of the house escaped uninjured after neighbours alerted them about 9.30pm.
Horsham Acting Sergeant Chris van Buuren said there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the fire.
The incident follows a blaze on Thursday that saw a Nhill State Emergency Services volunteer lose his home.
The house fire broke out at the Woodward Street property at 6pm.
Nhill Senior Constable Les Newton said a pot left unattended on a stove caused the fire.
"The man was cooking tea, then he was called out to a job and forgot to turn the stove off," he said.
"It just shows how easy it can happen."
Sen Const Newton said fire caused $100,000 damage.
"Fire completely gutted the house," he said.
Country Fire Authority District 17 duty ofﬁcer Ian Day said four trucks from Nhill, Propodollah and Diaper attended the scene.
"The fire was safe by 8.30pm," he said.
"The Nhill truck was left at the scene overnight."
Mr Day said the fire was not suspicious and council welfare officers were looking after the resident.