POWER has been restored to all but 87 Powercor customers affected by blackouts at Stawell and Nhill.
More than 5700 homes and businesses were without power following three pole fires.
A further 2599 were deprived of electricity by a faulty underground cable.
Powercor spokesman Lyall Johnson said technicians had restored power to all but 87 of the 1590 Stawell customers affected by a power pole fire at Cypress Street about 3.43am on Monday.
A further 2731 premises were impacted by a pole fire at the corner of Cooper and Sloane streets at 3.53am.
"They were all back online by 1.41pm," Mr Johnson said.
All 1397 Nhill homes and businesses impacted by a pole fire had electricity restored by 11.08am.
Mr Johnson said 2599 more Stawell customers were without power from 3.43am.
"One of our customers at the Moonlight-cum-Magdala mine historic area had a faulty underground cable, which caused a protection switch to trip and stopped power until 10.43am," he said.
Mr Johnson said pole fires were not unusual around this time of year, as light rain wet dry and dusty power line insulators.