Natimuk explosion: two men injured

TWO men have suffered burns after a kerosene heater exploded at Natimuk.

Victoria Police Sergeant Kris Hamilton said the incident unfolded at a depot at the corner of Main Street and Schurmann Street just before 4pm on Monday.

"One man, believed to be aged in his 50s, has been airlifted to a Melbourne hospital with non-life threatening injuries," he said.

Another man, believed to be in his 30s, has also been airlifted to a Melbourne hospital.

WorkSafe is investigating.

A Country Fire Authority spokesman said he was unsure why the heater had exploded.

He said the fire was extinguished by 4pm.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop