UPDATE – 6.15pm
Firefighters expected on Thursday evening to have a bushfire north of Ararat under control by 8pm on Thursday night.
The three hectare fire is burning near Sinnot Track and Micks Ridge in the Ararat Regional Park about 8 kilometers north of Ararat township.
Smoke will be visible from nearby communities and roads.
UPDATE – 4.20pm
A bushfire near Sinnot Track has been brought under control.
A three hectare bushfire further north along Sinnot Track near Micks Ridge is still out of control.
15 emergency vehicles are now attending across both incidents.
Firefighters are battling an out-of-control bushfire in the Ararat Hills Regional Park.
There is currently no threat to communities.
Smoke from the bushfire, at Saw Pit Flat Road, Ararat, is likely to be visible in the area for the next couple of hours.
A Country Fire Authority spokesperson says residents should continue to stay informed and monitor conditions.
What you should do:
- Monitor weather conditions and warnings.
- Find information on protecting yourself and your family here.
- Download the VicEmergency app.
- If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke, seek medical advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty breathing should call 000.
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with heart or lung conditions (including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are more sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
More details to come.