Two more men have been charged after violent clashes erupted outside a Melbourne event hosted by controversial British alt-right commentator Milo Yiannopoulos.
Melbourne North Crime Investigation Unit detectives charged the two men following chaotic scenes at the protest out the front of the Melbourne Pavilion on Racecourse Road and Stubbs Street in Kensington on December 4.
A 33-year-old Surrey Hills man has been charged with affray and assault offences while a 48-year-old Eltham man was also charged with affray and assault offences.
Hundreds of left- and right-wing protesters gathered out the front of the event where they faced off and fought with sticks.
Riot police stormed the protest and used pepper spray to subdue the crowd, which included members of left-wing group Campaign Against Racism and Fascism and right-wing groups Reclaim Australia and The Freedom Party.
The men have both been bailed to appear at the Melbourne Magistrates Court on June 8.
Late last month, a 33-year-old Wonthaggi man and a 28-year-old Sunbury man were also charged with affray and riotous behaviour and will front Melbourne Magistrates Court on June 8.
Commissioner Stephen Leane said several police officers had been injured.
Police and protesters also clashed at the right-wing commentator's events in Sydney, resulting in charges against several protesters.
Victoria's Police Minister Lisa Neville told 3AW afterwards that the promoters would be billed at least $50,000 for the cost of the hundreds of police officers required to handle violent protests outside the show.
Damien Costas, who publishes Penthouse magazine and bankrolled the speaking tour, said the only police who mentioned a user-pays system were in NSW before the event in Redfern.
Mr Yiannopoulos, who has been linked to neo-Nazis and mocked sexual abuse victims, was the subject of a push to deny him a visa before his visit to Australia.
The investigation continues and further arrests are expected, police said.