Beulah defeats an injured Walpeup-Underbool

HEAD FIRST: Jeparit-Rainbow ruckman Owen Uaongo crashes into a Beulah opponent. Picture: LES GRAETZ
HEAD FIRST: Jeparit-Rainbow ruckman Owen Uaongo crashes into a Beulah opponent. Picture: LES GRAETZ

DESPITE a spate of injuries, Walpeup-Underbool was dominant early against Beulah.

The Blues struggled to get their hands on the footy early and were let down by inefficient kicking in their forward half.

The Roos put on five goals to Beulah’s three as they took a slim lead into the second term.

Pressure from both sides was a feature of the second quarter and scores were tied at half-time.

Beulah was keen to break free of the shackles after a tight first half and came hard at the Roos with eight goals to Walpeup-Underbool’s one in the third term.

The final quarter was a mere formality as Beulah ran out the match in strong fashion with another six-goal term.

Tim McIntosh made the most of a move forward for Beulah with seven goals, while Brock Orval and Shaun Monohan also impressed.

Monohan, Orval and Fabian Dorbolo were Beulah’s better players, while Walpeup-Underbool’s Kane Munro, five goals, Ryan Stacey, Travis Latta, and Matthew Brown were in the best.

Ouyen United travelled south to take on Jeparit-Rainbow at Rainbow, with both teams fighting hard with intensity on the ground.

The Demons stepped up the standard in the second term, but inaccurate kicking kept the Lakers within touch.

Jeparit-Rainbow worked into the match in the second half, but Ouyen got a couple of early goals and did not let up.

The Demons put on seven goals to one to put the match out of reach.

Marcus Healy kicked five for the Demons and Peter Caldow three, while Andrew Jardine, Benjamin Mole and Marcus Healy were all in the best.

For the Lakers, Brodie Grant kicked three, while Luke Werner and Ben Marra kicked two each. Wyatt Bacon and Lucas Edelsten were among the best.

Woomelang-Lascelles had a few out with injury and Hopetoun welcomed back a number of senior players for their clash.

Hopetoun came hard out of the blocks and took a six-point lead into the second quarter.

The Cats clamped down in the second term and stemmed the Devils’ run, but Hopetoun still held the advantage as they went into the long break with a one-point lead.

The third term went goal-for-goal and every contest was hard fought.

The Devils still held the one-point advantage at three-quarter-time and the match was poised to be an absolute belter.

Woomelang-Lascelles stood up in the final term and showed why it will be a big threat come finals time, winning by 10 points.

Better players for the Cats included Rohan Coburn, Joshua Ratcliffe, and Jack Shannahan.

The Devils welcomed back Lucas Cook and Coleman Schache, who kicked three and two goals respectively.

Young gun Sam White was the Devils’ best on ground.


Discuss "Beulah defeats an injured Walpeup-Underbool"

Please note: All comments made or shown here are bound by the Online Discussion Terms & Conditions.