Haven fire destroys shed

A FIRE at Haven has destroyed one shed and damaged another.

Horsham fire-fighters attended a property at Old Hamilton Road about 1.30pm on Monday.

Country Fire Authority district 17 operations officer Trevor Ebbels said fire had already consumed one of the sheds when they arrived.

He said radiant heat damaged a second shed.

"The owners had managed to salvage a lot of their stuff," he said.

Contents included a motorbike and some timber.

About 15 fire-fighters were needed to fully extinguish the fire.

"It was actually the neighbours that alerted them to it," Mr Ebbels said.

He believed the fire originated from some burning off the property owners had done at the weekend.

"There were some hot embers still smouldering, and the wind has just picked them up and ignited some grass and stuff behind the shed, and has carried into the shed," he said.

Mr Ebbels said the fire was a timely reminder for people to take care while burning off.

"The owners thought they had done everything right, but it doesn't take much," he said.

"Don't leave fires unattended."


Discuss "Haven fire destroys shed"

Please note: All comments made or shown here are bound by the Online Discussion Terms & Conditions.