Horsham Early Learning Centre evacuated after electrical burning smell

EMERGENCY services attended Horsham Early Learning Centre on Monday after reports of an electrical burning smell.

Country Fire Authority district 17 operation officer Paul Horton said the teachers and parents evacuated the building about 2.30pm. 

He said about 100 people moved into a room next door. 

“We had the fire brigade attending and we also called for police and ambulances just in case,” he said. 

There was no fire after emergency services investigated the building but Mr Horton said they were still investigating what the smell was. 

“Investigations are ongoing,” he said.