Riverside house fire deemed non-suspicious

EMERGENCY services believe a wood heater was the most likely cause of a fire that destroyed a Riverside house at the weekend.

Horsham Acting Sergeant Steve Gray said all five occupants self-evacuated prior to emergency services arriving on the scene at 102 Andrews Road on Sunday morning.

The Mail-Times reported on Sunday that one person – a 15-year-old boy – was treated for smoke inhalation.

“All occupants were transported to hospital for check-ups and were later released,” Acting Sergeant Gray said.

“The fire has been deemed non-suspicious.”

Country Fire Authority District 17 operations manager Craig Brittain said a number of firefighting appliances from five brigades responded to a Triple Zero call in the early hours of the morning.

He said the occupants would be offered assistance through Horsham Rural City Council, and would also have the option to access help from the Department of Health and Human Services.


Discuss "Riverside house fire deemed non-suspicious"

Please note: All comments made or shown here are bound by the Online Discussion Terms & Conditions.