The Country Fire Authority has reminded the community to be safe when operating various forms of machinery during the fire danger period.
One CFA unit responded to calls of a lawnmower on fire at a property at Dane Road, Stawell at about 11.30am on Thursday.
The property owner extinguished the fire before the unit arrived.
“We'll inspect to make sure everything was being done in accordance with the rules,” District 16 CFA operations officer Ian Morley said.
Mr Morley said the incident serves as a timely reminder for people to be safe with similar machinery over summer.
“We encourage people using equipment like that that it make sure it is in good working order,” he said.
“Make sure it is clean and has a properly fitted exhaust.
“Also make sure there is means to extinguish any fire if necessary and access to contact the fire brigade too.”
No one was injured in the incident.
While you’re with us, you can now receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday morning from the Stawell Times-News. To make sure you’re up-to-date with all the news from across the Northern Grampians shire, sign up here.