WIMMERA community members have had the chance to see behind the scenes of Horsham Fire Station.
The Horsham Fire Brigade held its annual open day on Sunday with a focus on home fire and electrical safety.
Brigade captain John St Clair said the aim of the day was to educate people about being more fire cautious in their homes.
"Community members have been able to bring in their electrical devices to get checked. We've had power boards, electric blankets and chargers," he said.
Take a tour of Horsham Fire Station below:
Information was available to help people make their fire action plan.
Children were able to learn about fire safety through a range of activities, including a fake fire drill room encouraging them to 'get down low and go go go'.
There were also demonstrations for using a fire blanket and fire extinguisher.
This was the second year the brigade had held an electrical and home fire safety open day. Mr St Clair said the day had been a great success.
"We had more than 100 people through the door. The plan is to do it every year heading into winter," he said.
"We're looking at doing one later in the year as we head into fire season, to educate people around what they can and can't do."
Mr St Clair said there were a number of ways people could easily improve fire safety in their homes.
"If you aren't using a device, then turn it off. Also, don't overload your power boards because they become a safety hazard. It's also important to make sure that your electrical items have space around them so they don't overheat," he said.
"Lastly, make sure you have have a fire plan in place that your whole family is aware of. And make sure you have a back-up plan too, just in case."
While you're with us, you can now receive updates straight to your inbox twice weekly from the Wimmera Mail-Times. To make sure you're up-to-date with all the news from across the Wimmera, sign up below.