LATEST NATIONAL CORONAVIRUS ACTION:
* From midnight on Wednesday food courts in shopping centres will only be available for takeaway food.
* Auctions and open house inspections are banned.
* Outdoor and indoor markets are banned while rules around major food markets will be addressed by states and territories.
* Personal services such as beauty therapy and tattoo parlours (but not physiotherapy) are banned.
* Hairdressers and barbers can continue but must strictly manage social distancing and restrict the amount of time a patron can be in the premises to no more than 30 minutes.
* Amusement parks and arcades, and indoor and outdoor play centres must close.
* Boot camps and personal training must be limited to 10 peoeple.
* Galleries, museums, libraries and swimming pools must close.
* Weddings can continue to be conducted where it is just the couple the celebrant and two witnesses, no more than five people.
* Funerals are limited to no more than 10 people.
* It is safe to send children to school up to the end of the term.
* But some pupil-free days will be needed to plan distance learning.
* Schools will reopen after the term break with a mix of distance learning and in-school learning for all "essential workers".
* PM to meet with teachers and other sector representatives about keeping schools open and protecting staff.
* Everyone who still has a job is an essential worker.
* The official "do no travel" warning will turn into an outright ban on overseas travel, with some exceptions such as aid workers and compassionate travel.
* New offence of profiteering and seeking to export goods overseas, relating to such things as medical supplies and masks.
Australian Associated Press
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.