JUNIOR football and netball training have stopped across the region due to a new case of COVID-19.
AFL Wimmera-Mallee area manager Jason Muldoon said clubs have since been advised not to train.
"With the new outbreak in Horsham and the events of yesterday, we've told all clubs to cease training until further notice," Mr Muldoon said.
"We've done that to get a better idea of the situation, and let the Department of Health and Human Services' (DHHS) process take its course.
"If there is a positive case connected to a club, then the DHHS will take over and go through all of the necessary processes."
Junior clubs had been participating in contact training in preparation for a modified junior season scheduled to begin on Saturday, August 8.
Mr Muldoon said clubs had been following strict protocols to minimise the potential spread of the virus at training.
"Clubs have been following all the protocols fantastically and no doubt the DHHS will utilise club's training logs for contact tracing if need be," he said.
"This is a reminder of how real the virus is, and how quickly it can spread. We need to take this very seriously.
"That's why we stress that the protocols are so important, so we can limit the number of people affected."
While you're with us, you can now receive updates straight to your inbox twice weekly from the Wimmera Mail-Times. To make sure you're up-to-date with all the news from across the Wimmera, sign up below.