Victoria has recorded 14 new local COVID-19 cases in the 24 hours up until midnight on Thursday, all linked to existing cases.
In total, there were 14,302 vaccines administered yesterday.
Importantly, 10of the 14cases were in full quarantine during their infectious period.
More information about the cases will be revealed later today.
There are 14 new locally-acquired COVID-19 cases which are all linked to the current outbreaks. 10 of the 14 cases were in quarantine throughout their entire infectious period with 1 of the other 4 cases still to be interviewed. 14,302 vaccine doses were administered yesterday.— VicGovDH (@VicGovDH) July 22, 2021
As of yesterday, there had still not been a case in Ballarat and the nearest exposure site remains the Ballan service station from almost two weeks ago.
The current lockdown is scheduled to end at 11.59pm on Tuesday, July 27.
Acting Chief Health Officer Ben Cowie said it was too early to say whether Victoria's lookdown would end as planned, but he was confident authorities have a handle on the outbreak.
IN OTHER NEWS
"I'm feeling like we're certainly winning the race, it's a question of just keeping going so hard to the finish line," he said on Thursday.
He thanked the "heroic" efforts of Victorians, including more than 19,000 primary close contacts self-isolating across the state.
There are now more than 390 exposure sites, with a shopping centre, Woolworths, Coles and cake shop all in Malvern added as tier-two sites on Thursday afternoon after a positive case visited the businesses on Sunday.
See the exposure sites here.
Meanwhile, the Pfizer vaccine has been approved for use among Australian children aged 12 to 15.
Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt confirmed the Therapeutic Goods Administration ruling on Friday.
The next step is for the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation to give its approval.
If ATAGI gives the green light, children with impaired immune systems or underlying medical conditions will be immediately added to the rollout and able to access Pfizer.
"The US is doing this for 12 to 15-year-olds and they are providing the world with very, very important safety data," Mr Hunt said.
Pfizer is already approved for people 16 and over.
Mr Hunt confirmed September to early October was the expected timeline for under-40s to receive their first Pfizer jab.
"That is the expectation at the moment. If there were to be a variation, we can bring it forward."
Earlier this week, British authorities approved coronavirus vaccines for use among children with severe disabilities or health conditions.
The UK regulator decided against giving vaccinations to under-18s without underlying health conditions.
The head of the World Health Organisation has argued countries that immediately vaccinate healthy children do so at the expense of frontline workers and high- risk groups in other countries.
We have removed our paywall from our stories about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we aim to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe here.