After a three-week hiatus, the Horsham District Football Netball League is set to return with its round 11 fixture on Saturday, after the state government announced the end of the Victorian lockdown from Tuesday night.
In line with government restrictions HDFNL chairperson Fred Mellington confirmed games would take place without crowds, meaning clubs will take another financial hit.
"Barring any major drama we will be playing on Saturday, round 11 as advertised," Mellington said.
"So that finishes our first round of playing each other once.
"We will aim to play round 12 and 13 and we'll aim to play our first final on August 21 and go from there."
Similar to earlier in the year, the league will delete rounds from the back end of the season to accommodate the new fixture.
"We've now lost rounds 16, 15 and 14," Mellington said.
In both the HDFNL netball and football there is still a lot to play out in terms of teams making finals.
"If we can play rounds 12 and 13 we've actually got some ripping scenarios and possibilities, who ends up where," Mellington said in regards to the senior football.
"It's tight, there's a few combinations that can go any which way."
The State Government announced on Tuesday that community sport for all ages could resume from Wednesday.
However, while participants can train and play in competition, spectators will not be permitted for at least another two weeks.
In line with the state government's restrictions, outside of players, only people required to facilitate training and competition - teachers, instructors, trainers, coaches, umpires, carers, parents and guardians - are permitted to attend.
Training and competition venues will carry a density quotient of one person per four square metre.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: