THE SOUTH Australia and Victoria bubble has increased but some restrictions have been placed on Nhill residents.
The new changes were introduced on Saturday, December 4.
The Victorian Cross Border Corridor is the area 70 km to the west of the border between South Australia and Victoria and includes:
- Glenelg Shire Council
- Hindmarsh Shire Council
- Horsham Rural City Council
- Mildura Rural City Council
- Southern Grampians Shire Council
- West Wimmera Council
There have been some specifications for the Nhill area due to the number of COVID-19 cases in the community.
IN OTHER NEWS:
Nhill residents arriving in South Australia will need to have a negative test result 72 hours prior to arrival before they enter the state.
If a person from Nhill is already in South Australia they will need to provide to an authorised officer evidence of a negative COVID-19 test result in the past 7 days. This is only required if requested.
Fully vaccinated residents of the Cross Border Community can make an application to enter South Australia using EntryCheck SA.
A Cross Border Community Member ordinarily resident in Victoria or New South Wales travelling to a location in South Australia that is outside the cross border corridor who is, or is travelling with, a child who is less than 12 years and 2 months of age is required to:
- have a negative result from a COVID-19 test taken in the 72 hours prior to arrival in SA; and
- have a COVID-19 test upon arrival in SA and quarantine until negative result.
For Cross Border Community members who travel beyond the Cross Border Corridor into South Australia with a person or people less than 12 years and 2 months will be considered a Level 3 traveller. All Level 3 travellers must:
- have a pre-arrival negative test result within 72 hours before arrival
- submit to a COVID-19 test on arrival and quarantine until negative test result
- submit to a COVID-19 test on day 6 after arrival
- not enter a High Risk location for 7 days after arrival
- check for symptoms once each day for 14 days after arrival
For more information in regards to visiting South Australia, visit covid-19.sa.gov.au/
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
Did you know you can receive updates straight to your inbox? To make sure you're up-to-date with news from across the region, sign up here.