A REGIONAL strategy to address violence against women and children in the Grampians region has reached a milestone.
The Communities of Respect and Equality – CoRE – initiative, which Women’s Health Grampians established two years ago, has signed its 100th member.
CoRE calls on organisations, clubs and networks to take actions that will change the cultural drivers underpinning gender inequality and violence, with the aim of creating a safe, equal and respectful society for everyone.
All Wimmera councils are CoRE members, along with Wimmera businesses, education and training providers, health and community service organisations, and sporting clubs.
Women’s Health Grampians said organisations could sign up to CoRE by visiting whg.org.au.
Wimmera CoRE members
- Ararat Rural City Council
- Horsham Rural City Council
- Hindmarsh Shire Council
- Northern Grampians Shire Council
- West Wimmera Shire Council
- Yarriambiack Shire Council
- Barwon CASA - Wimmera Counselling Services
- East Grampians Health Service
- Grampians Community Health
- Uniting Wimmera
- Rural Northwest Health
- Women’s Health Grampians
- Wimmera Health Care Group
- Wimmera PCP
- Western Victoria Primary Health Network
- Harrow Tennis Club
- Harrow Balmoral Football Netball Club
- Minyip Murtoa Football Netball Club
- Wimmera Regional Sports Assembly
- Federation University
- Warracknabeal Secondary College
- Wimmera Southern Mallee LLEN
- Rotary Club of Horsham East
- Centre for Participation
- Rainbow Learning Group and Neighbourhood House
- Stawell Neighbourhood House
- Wimmera West Grampians Neighbourhood House Network Inc.
- Warracknabeal Neighbourhood House and Learning Centre
- Jeparit Preservation Society
- Department of Health and Human Services – Wimmera South West Area – West Division
- Department of Justice & Regulation – Grampians region
- Regional Development Victoria – Grampians
- VicRoads – Grampians – Western region
- Victoria Police – Horsham Police Service Area
- Victoria Police – North Grampians
- Grampians Indigenous Family Violence Regional Action Group
- Grampians Region Palliative Care Consortium
- Wimmera and South West Area Integrated Family Violence Partnership
- AME Systems
- Ararat Dental
- GWM Water
- Wimmera Catchment Management Authority
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning – Grampians region