Yarriambiack Shire chief executive Jessie Holmes says the council cannot be sure a person has tested positive for coronavirus within the municipality.
The Department of Human Services reported on Sunday a case of the disease, known as COVID-19, in the Shire.
"But the department's local government area surveillance report (infectious diseases) shows we are off the list today (Monday)," she said.
"We can't confirm, but we suspect it should have been (City of) Yarra or Yarra Ranges Council that that report was meant to be recorded in. We followed up today and haven't had confirmation either way."
The following services have been changed or closed in the shire.
- Centre-based meals are closed, but meals on wheels will continue in the home across all communities
- All pools officially shut effective Tuesday. Their seasons have already stopped
- Public toilets cut to one to two in each town
- Maternal Child Health Service and My Aged Care assessments being conducted by phone
- Senior Citizens Centres closed
- Supported playgroups not happening
- Kindergartens close at end of session on Tuesday
- Hopetoun, Warracknabeal and Murtoa caravan parks closed to new bookings
- Warracknabeal and Hopetoun customer service offices closed. Call 5398 0100 or 5083 3001.
- Library services suspended
- Stadium and gymnasium not operating
- Kerbside and landfill collections operating as usual
- Saleyards to continue to operate but not open to the general public