A fuel reduction burn is set to be carried out on Greens Creek Road in the Grampians on June 9.
Forest Fire Management Victoria advised that the burn of the 780ha area, which is 6km north of Mirranatwa, should be completed between 11am and 8pm weather permitting.
Smoke may be visible in the area.
What to do about:
- If you are experiencing any symptoms that may be due to smoke exposure, the Department of Health and Human Services advises that you should seek medical advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024
- Close windows and doors to prevent smoke from entering
- Road travel may be hazardous due to low visibility associated with smoke
- Signs may be in place to slow traffic. Obey all traffic signs and instructions from fire agency crews near the burn
- For travel times and roadworks check http://traffic.vicroads.vic.gov.au
ACCESS TO FOREST/PARK RECREATION SITES
- Be aware of planned burns happening in your local area and stay clear of areas where burns are taking place or areas that have recently been burnt
- Access to walking tracks, car parks, camping grounds and picnic sites in areas close to or in burn areas may be restricted
- For parks closures, please refer to Parks Victoria on 13 1963 or visit http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/