PEOPLE could potentially contaminate themselves while wearing a mask.
It's this truth that has prompted the Wimmera Health Care Group to release a video showing to put on a mask properly.
Last week, Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews said people in regional areas must wear masks in situations where they can't keep a distance of 1.5 metres away from the nearest person.
A spokesman said: "We recommend that our community members wear face masks any time they are in a public space with other people around and they cannot maintain constant social distancing of 1.5 metres."
- Masks mandatory at Horsham hospital
- 275 new cases of coronavirus in Victoria on Monday
- Horsham case numbers drop from four to three
- Man in custody after six-hour siege
- Stawell's Eventide Home resident Harold Blake pens a poem about the coronavirus pandemic
- Retiring Horsham councillor David Grimble's advice for new candidates
While you're with us, you can now receive updates straight to your inbox twice weekly from the Wimmera Mail-Times. To make sure you're up-to-date with all the news from across the Wimmera, sign up below.