Restrictions will not be eased in regional Victoria in the immediate future, despite there being zero active cases in the regions, Premier Daniel Andrews has confirmed.
There has not been an active case assigned to Horsham since September 30, and this was a person who contracted the virus in Melbourne and did not visit the region while infectious.
IN OTHER NEWS: WFL DECADE IN REVIEW: Minyip-Murtoa
When asked at if zero active cases meant further freedom coming soon, Premier Daniel Andrews said it would not be ruled out but unlikely due to "significant" restrictions just being eased.
"That will be based on health advice," Mr Andrews said.
"We don't want to have a situation where Melbourne and regional Victoria are so far apart that we can't open the border because if you have more favourable settings in the regions of course people will travel to get that.
"The best thing to do is we just see out the next couple of weeks, everyone plays their part, we keep the numbers low despite the fact we're open.
MAKING NEWS TODAY:
There were two new cases and two further deaths reported today.
There are 80 active cases in Victoria. Three people are in hospital with the virus, of which none are in intensive care.
The Mail Times has removed the paywall from our stories relating to health warnings and safety of the community in regards to the coronavirus. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.